Sunday, October 6, 2013

Space, Identity, Analysis.

This task requires recording a space using various methods of media. It lead me to think of strange ways of change a space. Firstly I had to choose a space, and I thought what better than the view from my room, which is a public field with lots of greenery and benches to sit on, right off the main road. Since it's right next to the gym and close to the University Campus, there's obvious and continuous movement going on. Also the residential that surrounds it is increasingly occupied by university students and starter up families working on new jobs.

So far I have sat looking from my room window which gives a nice view because people can't see me but I can see them therefore it allows for a very natural behavior of the people and me watching them does not alter any of their actions.

Initially my ideas for my next step were to sit on the bench reading a book and watch the people by actually being in the scene and record their actions. Following that I would alter the scene by placing strange objects and record how people may react to that and analyse why certain people may react the way they do, also by considering what time of day it is.

Relating to that I decided and to take photos of the scene at different times of the day to study the lighting and also the occupation of the area and have an idea of how busy it can be at different times. I edited the photos that I took and edited these in different ways in order to produce very interesting results, with an in-depth analysis of how natural light plays a role in our environment.

Following this, I thought it would be interesting to compare these images to that of an interior and differentiate between the effects of natural and artificial light, and how images can capture the contrast.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment